Saturday, March 15, 2008

AAAAAH! I've been tagged!

A certain friend was giving me hell for not posting lately (sorry) so she tagged me for a meme.

Here goes:

The rules:

1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I was tagged by my favorite PhD candidate, the 6 Speed Knitter.

1 - I'm terrified of slugs. One dark night, while walking barefoot, I stepped on a slug and it squished between my toes. The most disgusting feeling ever. Eeeeeeewwwwwww! It took a very long time to scrub the slugginess off. I've hated those darn things ever since.

2 - Heard of the Bell Witch? I'm a descendant of the Bell family, who were apparently tortured (and one was murdered) by the Bell Witch in West Tennessee. She's supposed to come back every 108 years or so and torture their descendants, but I'm not too worried.

3 - Last night on 20/20 there was a story about an artist who scratched her skin with knitting needles and the design would raise up and stay there for about 30 minutes. My skin does that too. See:


I did that on my arm at work today to prove to Abby that it would actually stay. If I've gotten a little sun, I can press down on my stomach and leave a handprint for a good 5 minutes.

4 - I have amnesia. 2 weeks after 8th grade graduation, I was hit by a car while riding my bike. (No, I was not wearing a helmet, so let this be a lesson to everyone else.) It was a hit-and-run, and I had a major concussion. I don't remember anything in the 2 weeks leading up to the accident, and my first memory is coming home from the hospital and watching Funny Farm on tv. Chevy Chase is so funny!

5 - My mom's dad was a cattle farmer. He was a bad-ass, and an industry leader. Dad's third cousins are the Perdue Chicken people. And I eat neither beef nor chicken (not for political reasons or anything like that, I just don't like the taste). I do gobble up a lot of turkey and seafood though, but don't think I'm related to any turkey farmers or fisherman. I am going fishing tomorrow, does that count for anything?

It's getting difficult to come up with things. Hmmmm.... I called my good dear friend to come up with more random and weird things about me and we realized that everything about me is random and weird.

6 - My pets live freakishly long lives. I got a dog, Hosie (her name is a whole different random and weird story), on her first birthday, and she lived to be almost 19 years old. I got a Betta fish, named Buju Banton, and he lived 6 years. My sister's cat, Angel, lived to be almost 20. I sure hope that by writing this I'm not jinxing Just Fish. I've become quite attached to the little guy.

7 - I DESPISE pretzels and have never met anyone else who shares my hatred. They just taste so bad! I don't know how everyone else eats them. People tell me that the big soft kind are a lot better, but no, they're gross too. It's like licking a pile of yeast covered in seawater.

That took longer than expected! Back when Flava Flav was cool the first time, my brother gave me the nickname "Flav Random" because he thought I was really random and weird. He still does, but he's just as random and weird as I am.

And scratch what I said in #5 about going fishing tomorrow. Plans are changing - I think I'm going to some horse race instead. Either way, it'll be nice to go on a little day trip and get out of NashVegas for a few hours.

I promise to post some knitting in the next couple days. Mom's clapotis is done, but I want to weave in ends and block it before I take pictures. I'm starting 2 projects tonight - one is a sexy little number for me, and the other is an ambitious gift.

I'm making a pair of cashmere socks on size 00 needles and have 11 days to finish them. How is it that I finish mom's mother's day gift 2 months early, and leave myself 11 days to knit a pair of socks for someone with 17" calves? At least they're not knee socks, but it's still going to be a race to the finish. I've got some travel time to knit tomorrow, but I'll be with the recipient of the socks so they can't come. I swatched some last night, and it looks like the socks will start off with around 100 stitches, then decrease to about 82 by the time I get to the ankle. The yarn is Jade Sapphire's 2-ply cashmere, and I'm using 3 strands of Lacey Lamb for the cuff, heel, and toe. The 00's are easier to knit with than I expected, and the cashmere is so soft that you don't want to stop knitting. They go even faster if I knit them at the same time, and I figure with a strong start, if both heels are turned by Thursday night then everything will work out just fine.

Have a safe weekend everyone, and try not to drink too much green beer!

1 comment:

J.P. said...

So weird.. I was just thinking about you and then you posted. Seriously. Odd.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your list!