Sunday, November 4, 2007

Football Pajamas Day!

Every once in a while, I get a luxuriously lazy day to relax. And I have really needed it. So, Happy Football Pajamas Day to me!

So far I've eaten blueberry raspberry pancakes and watched the Titans game. It wasn't pretty, but we beat the Carolina Panthers 20-7. It's still frustrating to watch because I know we can play so much better. But a win's a win, and I'll take it.

It's also been a day of knitting. I'm designing some socks, and had to rip out a lot. They involve a provisional cast on, a nice hem, and a bit of fair isle. But I'm not at home, and didn't have a crochet hook for the cast on so I improvised and made a chain with a knitting needle. I knitted the hem, turning row and fair isle section, and got ready to join the hem. To do this, I rip out the crochet chain and put the live stitches on an extra needle, then knit the sock stitches together with the cast on stitches. But there is no extra circular needle in sight, so I painstakingly put the live stitches on a piece of picture framing wire and started to join. But I forgot a crucial step - the ends need to be woven in first because once the hem is joined, you can't even get to the tails. There's no crochet hook or even sewing needle in sight, so I blog.

I also don't have my camera cord so there will be no pictures in this post of my gorgeous clapotis scarf. It was dry by yesterday morning so I wore it to work all day and then wore it to the bonfire cookout. That thing was around my neck from 7:30 am (it looks great with my bathrobe) to about 1:00 this morning. I love it dearly.

Now it's time to watch the Colts play the Patriots and maybe go for an afternoon drive. In my pajamas. With syrup spilled on them. It's Football Pajamas Day and I'm happy!

No comments: