Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday Night Plans

I'm trying to knit myself into a good mood. I've been a little off since the root canal and am still trying to work my way back to the normally happy-go-lucky esp. So, here's the plan.

Step 1: Make incredibly rich mint hot chocolate.

Step 2: Find a knitting project that makes me happy.

This one is tough. I'm designing all of my knitted Christmas presents this year and the patterns will (hopefully soon) be for sale at TBY. There's a book that I really really want but am waiting for it to come in, so some of the designs have to wait a bit.

I've designed something really cool for my sweet best friend, but swatched through an entire ball of Wool Bam Boo before I found the right design and still hold a grudge for that. I have yarn for hats for the nephews, but need the book to finish the design. I started Dad's socks on Sunday, but it gave me trouble (actually, I was unprepared and forgot my supplies and it's all my fault) and again, I'm holding a slight grudge there too. I need something relatively easy that will make me happy.

I think I'll pick up that darn sleeve from my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It's easy, there's not too much left, and I just might be able to join the whole thing together and start the yoke tonight, which is the most exciting part.

Step 3: Ignore the laundry piled in the corner and sink full of dirty dishes. That's easy enough.

Step 4: Watch Men in Trees and then last night's Grey's Anatomy online.

That's a nice recipe for a good mood. Now it's pajama time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a heavenly evening!

I plan on doing the same thing when I get out of work in about an hour and a half: mindless knitting, Men in Trees and Friday Night Lights.

Good times!