Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I finished something!! I ended up crocheting 4 hot pads - 2 out of Big Kureyon, one out of Classic Elite's Desert, and one out of Karaoke. I briefly explained the concept of felting to a couple of friends - when you show up to someone's house to watch football and bring your yarn, crochet hook, Eucalan, and a bunch of old towels, it's usually necessary to let him know what you're about to do with his washer. But it was so much fun to crochet, and Georgia was kickin butt, so I started to make coasters for my friends, which are now sitting idle in the knitting basket. Add another UFO to the list. The only hot pad I'm really pleased with is the Karaoke one. The soy felts so beautifully, giving it a nice bright sheen. The others need to go through the washer one more time.

Big sis loved the hot pad, along with new cookie sheets (that's what she wanted). I forgot to get a picture of the finished projects. I was too distracted by her sons, who were especially fun last night. My older nephew turned 2 last week and has just started talking. He said the sweetest word I've ever heard in my entire life - "Emmmmmmmmah" - my name! It's just the first syllable, and sometimes it morphs into "moo", but he said my name!!!!!! I'm so proud!

I've been to 2 birthday parties in the last 48 hours and still got some other knitting done this weekend. Sunday morning I woke up early, made extra coffee, and sat down with the big scary lace project. The center pattern is starting to show, and it's actually getting a little easier. Only 50 more inches!

I'm told that it looks normal, and blocking makes the wonkiness go away. It better. Until then, I need to pick a UFO - probably the socks and hat that I'm working on for a class - and get on the ball because I bought yarn and swatched for a new pair of socks today, like a crazy girl with start-itis. It's a work in progress. From now on, you can just call me Emmmmmmmmmmah-moo.

1 comment:

Alicia Aarnio said...

Your silky lace is very lovely!! I can't wait to actually see it! Since classes started the last couple of weeks have been crazy.. I didn't leave school tonight until about 7:30 :( I'm aiming to be there next week though! I have no GR class that afternoon! YAYY!!
Actually.. I'll be by on Saturday ;)