Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just Call Me Princess Crankypants

Vacation letdown is setting in.

From my couch, I can see piles of Christmas pj fabric, yarn, books, needles, and patterns that need to be put away in the stash closet, there are even more piles of dirty laundry, and a decent pile of dirty dishes in the sink. My fridge is starting to smell funky, and my bathroom is a wreck too. I actually want to clean and get things done, but this darn ankle is driving me insane.

Why is it that when you're in vacation mode, nothing seems to get to you? I'm glad to be back at work, but all I do is run around all day and by mid-afternoon the ankle is freakin killing me. That's when I turn into Princess Crankypants. I've called bro several times to ask if there's anything else I can do to heal faster, and his answer is to rest. Not what I want to hear. So I sit here and look at the piles and piles of things that need to be done.

I tried to rest last night, but the knitting mojo is off. My current favorite project is a belated Christmas present for a good friend, and I want to finish it as soon as possible, but I keep messing up the pattern and not realizing there's a mistake until 5 rows later. This isn't the kind of thing you can frog - it has to be tinked stitch by stitch because it's double knitting and the whole idea is new to me. It's amazingly fun to do, and I hope to get the mojo back tonight.

There's a really good reason for me to heal the ankle asap - and I'll talk more about it later - but I'm going out of town on Thursday and will be walking and walking and walking all weekend. It's a really cool trip and I want to be in top form.

So tonight I rest. I'm not going out with my friends (which really sucks) and I'm not getting anything done but knitting. It's time for pj's and hot chocolate, and maybe a little icing of the ankle, and there's a great football game on tv. Hopefully the crankiness is on its way out.

3 comments:

J.P. said...

Feel better! I am sending speedy recovery thoughts your way!

Betty said...

Thanks for the company at the shop yesterday! And yes, you DO need to rest your ankle for your upcoming thingamajig.

Anonymous said...

look I found your blog! =]] I also hope you feel better real soon!