Sunday, January 20, 2008

Score: Mouse - 1, ESP - 0

Bad news. He ate the peanut butter off 2 traps and they didn't go off. So, like a big dumb human, I decided to mess with the traps to figure out the problem.

I know better than to stick my fingers in a mouse trap, so I used a plastic knife. And yes, I set it off on my finger. Then my thumb. Then my other finger. Then broke the knife. I reset all 4 traps, added peanut butter in other places hoping it might get him, and set them down again.

Then I found mouse droppings on the floor of my closet.

While I am usually a pacifist, this mouse needs to DIE. He's eating my food, pooping on my stuff, and living here without paying rent. I'll get you, rat bastard, and soon.

If anyone has any better ideas about how to deal with this evil stowaway, let me know!

3 comments:

J.P. said...

I don't have any tips for you, but my thoughts are with you as you prepare for battle!

Betty said...

We had a mice problem. We think they were nesting in the crawl space and coming up for a snacky-snack from our pantry. We used traps and did catch some w/o injury, but it never seemed to end. We bought a electronic mouse repellent from Walgreens. About $25, I think. You plug it into an outlet and it emits a signal that repels mice. It is house pet (dogs, cats) friendly. We put it near the pantry. It totally worked for us, and we've had it plugged in for over 3 years.

I think once mice discover a way into your warm, food rich home, they will keep coming back until you do something permanent.

Anonymous said...

My aunt had mice so bad once, she used a combonation of sticky pads, mouse poision, and the peanut butter mouse traps.