Monday, January 28, 2008

After a week of housesitting, it's strange to be home again. I love this little apartment, but it was really nice to take a jacuzzi bath every night. I did check out this thing they call cable tv and there was never anything on but cheesy reality shows and crappy movies. Do people really watch that show about Scott Baio? He was cute in Charles In Charge, but it's been 20 something years. Waiting for me at my doorstep was a flyer from the cable company, and it's safe to say that it's not worth the money.

So far I don't think any mice are dead. The traps haven't worked, but they have been eating the poison. Thanks to a heads up from Betty, I picked up a thingie you plug into an outlet and it's supposed to emit a sound that scares away rodents and spiders and such. We'll see if it works.

It's been over a week since the mousetrap went off on my finger (twice) and here's the progress:


It still hurts, but only if I bump into something.

While it's been a fun week, there hasn't been much knitting. I'm still trying to finish a kickass Christmas present and am about 2/3 of the way there. It's the Uncle Argyle Scarf from Son of Stitch 'N Bitch, and it is so much freakin' fun to knit! The recipient saw it last week, and loves it, so the home stretch shouldn't be bad.


Isn't it purty? Notice the little red thing attached to the working yarn - it's a yarn guide and I couldn't do fair isle or double knitting without it. Because I'm a continental knitter, I hold both yarns in my left hand and the guide keeps them from getting tangled.

This scarf is so cool that I'm now about to design another one for me. Other than this scarf, I'm working on a couple of designs and a whole lotta socks. The vacation socks still need to be finished, and I'm teaching a class and have to do homework along with everyone else.

It might be time to make some hot chocolate and look through my favorite book - 1000 Great Knitting Motifs - and start thinking about the next double knitting scarf. Maybe I'll dream of a jacuzzi tub...

1 comment:

J.P. said...

That scarf is excellent! I love it and can't wait to see the finished product!