Sunday, February 17, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

I left work early yesterday to go on a mini-getaway to Monteagle. We stayed in the same place as last fall. While the trees aren't as pretty in the winter, it was still a blast and quite beautiful.

I'm teaching another sock class, so it's another excuse to make a sock. This one is out of Flat Feet, an interesting way of packaging sock yarn. The store should get a shipment in March. I'm almost done with the leg, and knitted a few inches in the car on the way.



As we were pulling up to the house, we almost ran over a deer.


His friends were not far away.


After a little hike, we ran across a waterfall and I took a bunch of pictures.



The view from the porch hasn't changed much - this was after it rained all day.


While it was pouring outside, we stayed in and watched tv. I turned the heel on the vacation socks from New Year's. The colors are matching up so well.


I feel like this post has been a really bad version of a 3rd grader's "What I did on vacation" report. I really should blog when I'm a little more awake and have a little more energy.

1 comment:

J.P. said...

Keep doin what you are doin! The pictures are awesome and make me want to go on a road trip!