Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Much better than Monday

It's been a busy 24 hours.

Last night was the birthday celebration, and Benji cooked dinner for 4 of his friends. (We offered to cook, but he wanted to). It was one of the best meals I've had in a while, and the company was just right. It was a beautiful night and we ate in the backyard, then laughed and danced. Just what I needed.

While my camera was passed around and we took a ton of pictures, I didn't get a decent one of the birthday boy in his hat. I didn't get a decent picture of anyone in the hat, so here's a bad shot of me, closing my eyes during the flash because I do it in every picture ever taken of me. I am obsessed with this hat because I'm so surprised that it looks so good! I showed it to the nephews and they both had a lot of fun trying it on. Looks like they'll be getting fair isle hats this winter too.


The only bad part of the evening was that I felt a migraine coming on, and it was rearing its ferocious head by morning. I've been completely off-kilter today, so it's time for another night of rest and dark chocolate.

The best part of today was a phone call at work - and the following announcement -

CRAZY AUNT PURL IS COMING TO THREADED BLISS YARNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She will be there on Tuesday, October 30th at noon. Woo Hoo! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!! I don't have a copy of her book yet - "Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair' - the best title ever - but I've browsed through a friend's copy and it looks awesome. There are also some really cool patterns in the back.

Now it is knit o'clock, and time to finish Buddha Bear's sweater and wash it and block it. I still have to pick up another gift for him - babies don't appreciate hand knits as much as they should - so it looks like a trip to Target is in order to get a stuffed animal. Probably a bear for the bear. How original.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrr. I had rather meet her at TBY instead of BN, but I'll live.

I can't wait until that Monday, though!

Alicia Aarnio said...

Yayy for Crazy Aunt Purl!

I missed y'all tonight, too- I had every intention of going, but I have a midterm tomorrow and a conference next week that my poster isn't done for yet :( Even skipping SnB, I'm still not done! double :( And then next week I'll be gone too because I'll be at the conference! Boooo! You'll see me soon though, no worries. :)