Monday, October 29, 2007

Thankful

Woo Hoo! I got my root canal first thing this morning, and while I was in the dentist's chair a new hot water heater was being installed. The water's not quite warm yet, but I'm checking it every 30 minutes like a crazy stinky woman.

Jaime's scarf turned out great and she loved it! She loves that it's made out of wool and bamboo. Here she is with my sweet brother, Captain Redbeard (his hair is blond but his beard is red. Go figure.) She usually doesn't wear big plastic necklaces or flashing red pins that say, "Kiss me, I'm (insert age here)". Like I'd reveal her age, I'm a better sister than that. We go a little crazy over birthdays in this family and there are usually big party hats and balloons and mardi-gras-esque necklaces and other funky decorations.


After the root canal I decided to make Nanee's potato cheese soup, because that's what she always did for me when I was sick. Since I don't have a blender, I went to mom and dad's to make a mess in their kitchen. It turned out great!

My mouth is still really sore and the nephews were a great distraction. Buddha Bear had shots today too, at his 1-year checkup. He didn't feel good either so we snuggled a whole lot.

Hoss (and mom) made pumpkin shaped sugar cookies, so I got to help with the icing. It was orange too (in flavor and color).

While Hoss is pretty big for a 2-year-old, he's not that tall - he's standing on a footstool. I iced the cookies, he was Master of the Sprinkles. Please don't make fun of me for this picture - half of my face was still numb and I haven't showered since yesterday morning and I'm on pills.

The weekend wasn't a total bust. I finished knitting one of the nephew's Christmas fair isle hats, got some work done on my clapotis scarf, and today read the first 50 pages of Crazy Aunt Purl's book, "Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair". I don't want to put it down! Hopefully I'll finish it by tomorrow when I meet her. The more I read the more excited I get about meeting her! Drop by Threaded Bliss Yarns if you get the chance, from 12 - 1. She doesn't have much time here, and it's more of a meet & greet and book signing. Bring your copy of the book, and we've got plenty too. I'll show you my pretty front tooth and will hopefully be nice and clean, and maybe a little dopey.

No comments: