Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What a Day!!!!!


I got to meet Laurie Perry ( Crazy Aunt Purl) today!!!!!

I might have had to take more Darvocet in order to drag my butt into work, so I was quite out of it, but it was worth it. I just wish that I didn't look so drugged out in this picture. Laurie's just as nice and easy going as she could be. She signed my book, which I still haven't finished, and hung out for an hour and a half and got to meet a lot of Middle Tennessee knitters. She took time to really chat with everyone, and got to buy some new yarn. I also gave her one of the sugar cookies that Hoss and I made, and it was a hit too.

I talked to my good buddy JP tonight to compare Crazy Aunt Purl experiences, and we both had a fun time. The only thing that sucks is that I didn't actually get to see JP while he was in town - he couldn't come to TBY today and I couldn't go to B&N last night. No fun. But we both got to meet an awesome woman, and I'll see him sometime soon. Huntsville is about halfway between us, so maybe there's a mini road trip in our future...

Laurie, thanks for coming to Tennessee! We hope you enjoyed some Southern hospitality, and hope you have an easy trip back to LaLaLand. We'd love to have you back anytime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that we missed each other, but we will have to do the Huntsville thing. It will be so much fun!

Alicia Aarnio said...

stop by Yarn Expressions while you're there.. I enjoyed it much :) Lots of Koigu and super cool sock yarns.

ps: sorry I've been so scarce lately! so much work.. argh. I'll try to stop by very soon! :)